Thursday, February 17, 2011
Should They Stay or Should They Have Gone?
The University of Pittsburgh is one of the most well known campuses in the US. Pitt has its teams compete in Division 1 sports and are consistent performers. The University just spent millions of dollars on a new sport complex right on campus. The sport complex is going to be home to baseball, softball, and men's and women's soccer. I think since they built this new complex they should have built a football stadium too. The University had enough property to build one, and I feel it would bring a whole lot more school spirit to the team. The football team plays at Heinz Field which is in Downtown Pittsburgh not too far from campus. However, when going to Pitt games I don't think they are that fun. I miss the Old Pitt Stadium back when they played games on campus. Let me know what you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the university of pittsburgh was right for not building a football stadium, to me it seems kind of pointless to build one when Heinz field works just fine. I do understand what you mean when you said it takes away from the college stadium experience, but I still think they made the right decision.
ReplyDelete